The Dawn of Lightbringer

2 hours ago, Maester Debater said:

No its not the original. From the Wiki Regarding Lady Forlorn:

In The World of Ice and Fire, Lady Forlorn is described to be a Valyrian steel sword. It has been confirmed that "Valyrian steel" should have been removed from the description.

Robar wielded this Lady Forlorn during the Battle of the Seven Stars, using it to kill Torgold Tollett and a decoy dressed as Ser Artys Arryn. The Corbrays claim that Ser Jaime Corbray slew Robar in the battle, allowing them to reclaim the original Lady Forlorn.[5]

Original Ice is never said to be a Bronze sword either. I like Dawn as Lightbringer because it is the Only sword stated by GRRM to be at least 2000 years old, and because of the mystery surrounding the blade and the way its only bestowed upon Worthy knights of House Dayne. Dawn is the most mysterious and prestigious Sword, IMO, that is why it is my choice as the likeliest Lightbringer.

All the burning Red and Flashing White stuff is just my theory and could be way off, but I still really enjoy the theory and hope its true, it makes a lot of sense to me, anyway.

The wiki is not a publication by Mr. Martin. In the books, there is one single Lady Forlorn, unless you can find a line in any book that says otherwise. As for original ice, you are correct. There is a line where Cat mentions Ice and the the legacy blade it drew its name from in the age of heroes, and since all of westeros used bronze save the Iron islands, it it is perfectly reasonable to assume that "original" ice was bronze or possibly iron.  I am unaware of G.R.R.M saying anything about the age of swords save Ice and Longclaw, but since the one and only Lady Forlorn was in possession of the Corbrays before A.A united the Vale under Andal rule, we can therefore assume that the one and only Lady Forlorn is also over 2000 years old. 
There is a reason George is keeping most of the Daynes out of sight, including the mysterious and prestigious Dawn. He even stated that he kept their house words secret because it would give away the story.

My personal unsupported in any way idea is that dawn and the runic armor of the royces were the arms carried by the last her, a stark, and those items and winterfell were separated after the long night ended 

22 hours ago, Dorian Martell said:

The wiki is not a publication by Mr. Martin. In the books, there is one single Lady Forlorn, unless you can find a line in any book that says otherwise. As for original ice, you are correct. There is a line where Cat mentions Ice and the the legacy blade it drew its name from in the age of heroes, and since all of westeros used bronze save the Iron islands, it it is perfectly reasonable to assume that "original" ice was bronze or possibly iron.  I am unaware of G.R.R.M saying anything about the age of swords save Ice and Longclaw, but since the one and only Lady Forlorn was in possession of the Corbrays before A.A united the Vale under Andal rule, we can therefore assume that the one and only Lady Forlorn is also over 2000 years old. 
There is a reason George is keeping most of the Daynes out of sight, including the mysterious and prestigious Dawn. He even stated that he kept their house words secret because it would give away the story.

My personal unsupported in any way idea is that dawn and the runic armor of the royces were the arms carried by the last her, a stark, and those items and winterfell were separated after the long night ended 

I agree that Lady Forlorn could be and probably is a few thousand years old. The secret to forging Valyrian Steel was learned Millennia ago,IMO, it was only around the time of the Doom that Westerosi were able to procure blades of their own  The Corbrays could have ended up with Lady Forlorn from conflict with Valyrians, which is why i believe the Andals fled Essos (I think around 2500 B.A.C.) 

There is definitely something about the Royce's and that ancient armor covered in runes, their Words are         "We Remember" , unless I'm mistaken. There are a few House Words from the Vale that are cryptic and Long Nightish, House Tollett was something like "When All is Darkest".

I prefer some ancient connections to Starks and Daynes, mostly because I want ancient Ice to be DawnBringer of DayneLight, with all the He-Man Power Sword-Excalibur-Glamdring the Foe Hammer....etc.. ancient tie ins to the present day, " Ka is a wheel" - Roland Deschain

Archived