Lightbringer and glass candles theory

The scourge of westeros

There are hundreds of glass candles if not thousands... No they are not light bringer

I agree with your last point though that we have already seen Lightbringer and no it's not glass candles but those that gave the power to the glass candles in the first and made them work again..DRagons 

Where are you getting that from?  We are told of only like 5 or 6.  Obsidian alone is not a glass candle.

on the contrary they seem to be a magically charged or special form of dragonglass/obsidian. Not all dragonglass has the same qualities as those described of the glass cradle in marwyn's chamber at the end of affc. Marwyn said glass candles are dragon glass infused with the sorcery of fire and blood; somewhat tieing in with the forging of lightbringer. If a glass candle or glass candles are revealed to be the basis of lightbringer it would actually be one of the more obvious clues in the books. 

like I said, by no means so I discount the popular theories of what might be lightbringer. I'm just simply pointing out that we have a very almost literal similar description of an object we currently know of in the books. 

It could be right under our noses...

I guess, my question is: If you want to kill Others with dragonglass, even magic-infused dragonglass, why make a blade of it instead of making a club, like the Aztecs did, for example?

I guess, my question is: If you want to kill Others with dragonglass, even magic-infused dragonglass, why make a blade of it instead of making a club, like the Aztecs did, for example?

piercing the skin of a walker may be necessary, which a blade would be more effective at than a club. Maybe cool factor... Honestly idk. 

Archived