Limetown

Hello World

Anyone here listening to this podcast?

Ten years ago, over three hundred men, women and children disappeared from a small town in Tennessee [based around a neuroscience research facility], never to be heard from again.

In this seven-part podcast, American Public Radio host Lia Haddock asks the question once more, "What happened to the people of Limetown?"

It’s a fictional story, of course, but seems quite interesting (very reminiscent of the book American Elsewhere, which is also good). It’s five episodes in currently of a “seven-part” series, but the episode titles all say “season 1” before them so I’m not sure if it’s going to be seven episodes or seven seasons. Anyway, you might want to check it out on the link above if you haven’t already.

Its not bad. It mirrors the format of Serial. The struggle I am having is the cadence of the release schedule. I did not find out about Serial until after it was done with season 1 so it was easy to binge listen. With Limetown I find myself having to go back to remember what happened in the previous episodes.

You need to suspend disbelief a little (does she really need to travel alone to meet all these people?) but its still pretty entertaining.

Archived